Getting your child into a top independent school can be challenging. But don’t worry, we’ve got the perfect solution! We have 11 plus writing prompts that will help you and your child write their best possible exam answer, as well as some tips on how to get them over the finishing line.
Writing Prompts from Geek School Tutoring
At Geek school Tutoring, we pride ourselves in providing as many valuable resources to help children in their 11 Plus endeavours as possible. We have a range of writing prompts books and downloads in the Geek School Shop.
We also have the Free Creative Writing course and an Express Creative Writing Course to support your child through their writing journey.
Some Free Writing Prompt Ideas
- What would you like to do when you grow up?
- How do you feel about going away from home for university?
- What is your earliest memory of school?
- Why are people so obsessed with social media?
- When did you last feel proud of yourself, and why?
- What is your favourite thing to do with your family on a weekend morning?
- Describe the last time you felt excited about something.
- Pick one of these words and write about it for three minutes without stopping or repeating any words from that word list: blue, dog, apple, love and summer.
- Write about something you wish you could change in this world today
- If I had a superpower, what would it be, and how would I use it.
- You wake up tomorrow as a different person – who are you now, and why did this happen to you. The next time you go to a restaurant, what would you like your waiter/waitress to say as soon as they see you.
- Write about a first world problem and how the government should address it.
- How does technology affect your daily life?
- What is something that always makes you laugh?
- Imagine that there are no cars on earth – how would life change for people?