Excellent vocabulary has become increasingly more critical for all types of 11 Plus exams. It is also one of the most challenging parts of the exam for many children.
Some students indeed struggle with maths, but, in general, it is easier to learn. The standard of vocabulary needed to pass the 11+ exam in most regions is – quite frankly – ridiculous. Parents themselves often need the help of a dictionary or Google to decipher the words!
The ‘Vital Words Workbook Workbook for the 11 Plus’ book has been developed to help your child learn words with similar meanings (synonyms) and their opposite meanings (antonyms) in a mixed format.
You can use this book in conjunction with our other resources, such as our ‘Vital Words Workbook Workbook’ or our ‘Vocabulary Builder’. This book has been created specifically for CEM-style 11 Plus exams – so it’s ideal if you’re looking at schools like Bexley and Berkshire. Your child will love learning new words quickly and efficiently with this fun workbook!
The book contains:
- Seventy-four synonyms and antonyms exercises, with answers.
- A synonyms and antonyms dictionary.
- Matching pairs exercises.
- Cloze (missing letters) exercises.
- Word scramble exercises.
- Synonyms and antonyms categorisation exercises.
- Synonyms and antonyms crosswords.
- Synonyms and antonyms word searches.
Answers are provided for all exercises in the book.