Geek School Ltd recognise that everyone has a contribution to make to our society and a right to equal opportunity.
No job applicant or employee, member, volunteer or organisation/individual to which we provide services will be discriminated against by us on the grounds of:
- gender (including sex, marriage, gender re-assignment);
- race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality and national origin);
- sexual orientation;
- religion or belief;
We aim to promote equal opportunities, eliminate discrimination and eliminate harassment through the following:
- Opposing all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
- All employees (whether part-time, full-time or temporary), volunteers, members, and beneficiaries will be treated fairly and with respect.
- Membership will be open to all.
- All vacancies will be advertised internally and externally simultaneously and will include a statement on equal opportunities.
- Selection for employment/volunteering, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All selection/rejection decisions will be recorded.
- All employees/volunteers/members will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of individuals will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
- All employees/volunteers/members have a legal and moral obligation not to discriminate and to report incidents of discrimination against any individual or group of individuals to (Insert who to). Our commitment:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff, volunteers, members and beneficiaries are recognised and valued.
- Every employee, volunteer, member and beneficiary is entitled to be part of an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff/volunteers.
- Equality is good management practice and makes sound sense.
- Breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings or membership disqualification.
- This policy is fully supported by the management committee and has been agreed with members and/or employee representatives. (Insert details if appropriate).
- The policy will be monitored and reviewed annually.
The successful implementation of this policy depends on the awareness and commitment of all staff, volunteers and members of the management committee. Hence, all new staff/volunteers/members of the management committee will be made aware of it’s existence and on joining the organisation, and reminded they must conform with it on a regular basis.
Name: Joycellyn Akuffo
Position: Managing Director
Date: January 2014
For additional advice or information contact:
Address: Geek School, 105 Roundtable Road, Bromley BR1 5LF
Tel: 0208 698 2826